When it comes to exterior color schemes, changing the color of your siding can not only add tremendous curb appeal, but increase value too. So whether you are remodeling your exterior to increase your resale value and bump up your curb appeal, or simply want to enhance your home’s aesthetics, making the right design choices can be overwhelming.
Here are a few tips to narrow down your selections:
- Build an exterior palette around the elements of the house that won’t change, such as roofing materials and stone or brick components. You can pick contrasting but complementary colors to highlight architectural elements and add dimension.
- Choose hues that are compatible with your neighborhood, architectural style and natural setting to blend your house visually with its surroundings.
- Keep in mind, exterior colors shift depending on how the light hits them and can look different than they do on the color chip. Check out your samples throughout the day until you’re comfortable with your choice.
- Check out our engineered wood siding colors! We have included color combinations to inspire your selection.
- Now that you’ve made your selections, why not try it out on our online home exterior design tool, Home Designer 2.0. We’ve made it easy to design and visualize your remodeling or new construction projects.