For most people designing their home exterior, thought goes into the elements that will add instant curb appeal. Whether it is siding, windows or doors, these usually take a front seat when it comes to the selection process. Soffits can, at times, fall into this category; however, there is no denying their importance, both visually and functionally. The design feature connects the exterior wall to the edge of the roof under the eaves and its architectural elements can not only add visual interest to your home but also give it a finished look.
What is Soffit board?
- Soffit is the exposed siding underneath your roof’s overhang and can be seen when you’re close to the home or at street level.
- Soffit is important because it has venting that helps keep a steady airflow between your roof and attic.
- Your attic needs to be well ventilated or moisture can build up causing mold to form.
- On top of keeping moisture out, soffit helps release heat from your attic during the hot summer months.
- They help protect the homes exterior by keeping out pests like birds and squirrels.
At KWP, our Stratford soffit profile is primarily applied is as a soffit panel. It has numerous benefits that include:
- Tru-Align™ interlock system for precise horizontal alignment, easier installation and extra rigidity.
- To maximise your airflow, make sure to accompany your Stratford soffit with the matching venting strip.
- Heavy duty ½” thickness.
- Superior design allows for all nails to be hidden.
- Resists termite damage, buckling, delaminating, fungal decomposition, peeling and splitting.
- 50-year warranty against cracking, denting and hail damage and 25-year on the finish.
However, what our customers love the most is its versatility! Stratford can be installed as siding, horizontally, vertically & diagonally. Their design power is undeniable.
Learn the KWP Advantage
KWP is a leading sustainable and ecologically conscious manufacturer of quality engineered wood siding. We use 100% recycled post-industrial content in our Eco-Side collection.
Eco-Side engineered wood siding resists termite damage and will not rot, crack or split. It is factory painted which eliminates on site painting.
All KWP products include a 50-year warranty against cracking, denting and hail damage and 25-year on the finish.